'Tis the night before Africa, and all through the house,
Neither child is stirring, nor dog, cat, or mouse.
My suitcases are packed and by the front door with care,
Awaiting the limo that soon would be there.
The girls are nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of zebra gallop in their heads.
And me in my jammies, with computer on lap,
My anxiety building, forget the winter's nap!
When down the hall there arose such a clatter,
I didn't get up, I know exactly what was the matter.
I sat and kept blogging, lest you think I was slacking,
It's just the chaos of my husbands last-minute packing!
Now markers! Now crayons! Now Barbies and snacks!
More paper! More toys! Who's carrying this pack?
We've got 10 hours to London and 11 more to Cape Town,
We'll just be patient counting each hour down.
Thanks for joining our blog and for following along,
I'll do my best to keep you posted, on all the fun things we've done.
As I jot down this poem, I'm surprised I'm as calm as I am,
My secret lies in my magic pills... lorazepam...
So we welcome friends and family, to our blog tonight.
And good night to all and to us a good FLIGHT!
OMG! you just broke out with that in the wee hours of the night before leaving!? you crazy! :)
ReplyDeleteI just remembered to come here to check things - going to read the next few blogs too. The kids did their show today - i posted a few pics on FB if you have access... we missed you guys though!
hope you are having fun!